Converged IT lowers your total cost of ownership (TCO), speeds deployment, and simplifies management and operational support. It combines multiple technology components such as compute, storage, and networking, onto a single optimized platform.
Making a choice between a traditional datacenter architecture, Converged Infrastructure, or Hyper Converged Infrastructure is a complex process, and requires guidance from a team with practical experience.
At INTERdynamix we have been architecting, designing, building, and deploying converged infrastructure solutions since 2009. We will help you choose the solution that best suits your business:
- Converged & Hyper Converged Infrastructure readiness assessment
- CI and HCI selection analysis
- Converged Infrastructure implementation service
- Migration service to CI & HCI platforms
INTERdynamix engineers are closely involved in the entire design and deployment process, ensuring that we are able to provide a level of support otherwise not possible to achieve.
Converged Infrastructure shortens design and deployment time by providing pre-engineered ‘reference architectures’ that ensure all components of the converged system will work together correctly.
There is a single point of contact and a single management suite, simplifying the infrastructure management, and reducing the operating cost. Additionally, tested and validated maintenance rollups are provided by the vendor rather than individual patches for each of the components.
The reduction in the total number of components also means the data centre footprint is reduced, lowering cost for cooling, power, and rack space.
While TCO is reduced with Converged Infrastructure, initial capital cost can in some cases be higher. When the capacity of a CI ‘block’ is reached, another ‘block’ must be added (see ‘Figure 1’);
Figure 1 – Converged Infrastructure (CI)
Hyper Converged Infrastructure
Hyper Converged Infrastructure addresses these issues through increased virtualization and the use of software-defined compute, storage, and network. In HCI, all components are combined in a single shared resource pool, which is managed by a hypervisor. Scaling is achieved by simply adding more nodes, and, if required, adding to the hardware resource pool (see ‘Figure 2’).
Figure 2 – Hyper Converged Infrastructure (HCI)
Furthermore, because storage controllers are virtualized and included within each node, the ‘storage controller bottleneck’ is eliminated, increasing overall performance. HCI lends itself much more easily to automation, further reducing operating cost, and dramatically increasing agility and scalability.
HCI is not without its downside. It tends to be more constraining when it comes to hardware selection, and the limitations are greater regarding tuning ratios between compute, storage, and networking, such as very compute-intensive applications.
We’ve been doing this since 2009, starting with the SAFEd POD. Let us help you choose the solution that best suits your business:
- Converged & Hyper-Converged Infrastructure Readiness Assessment
- CI and HCI selection analysis
- Converged Infrastructure Implementation Service
- Migration Service to CI & HCI platforms
Operating highly dynamic infrastructure takes both the right technology and staff who know how to operate it. Our support engineers are heavily involved in both design and deployment, so our solutions provide the right balance of immediate requirements and ongoing operational efficiency.
We will ensure your operational success through:
Integration with your existing operational practices, procedures, and systems.
- Reduce overhead and duplication of effort
- Minimize internal staff training or augmentation
Customized, finely tuned monitoring and alarming.
- Noise minimization through policies specific to each environment or application
- Fewer false alarms, which drive efficiency and effectiveness of operational support resources
- Reduced response time for critical alarms with precise alarming thresholds and severities
- Intelligent tiered design catches unique and rare events
Support from highly trained and versatile support engineers with a wide breadth of experience.
- Improved incident scope identification accuracy
- Drastically reduced engagement and resolution time
- Minimized staff resourcing requirements